Pork Chops with Jalapeno Peach BBQ Sauce


I've recently discovered an awesome site called the Homesick Texan. Her recipe index is amazing! If I could make all my meals from now on from her recipes, I'd be in heaven. Sigh.... if only. But seriously, there will be at least one a week in my dinner rotation if I can help it. 

Last night I started with the Pork Chops with Jalapeno Peach BBQ Sauce.  It certainly didn't disappoint. The sauce recipe makes enough that you can use the sauce later for grilling chicken or whatever you fancy.

Peaches are just starting to show up here, but I was lucky enough to find some fresh ones and not have to use frozen. Although I'm sure if you did use frozen, it'd be fine. So I gathered my jalapeno, garlic, onion and peaches and prepared them for roasting. 


Roasted those babies until they were slightly blackened & softened - and smelled delish!


Then I peeled the skins of the peaches and threw everything into the food processor, along with a few other ingredients.


Blend until smooth.


Transfer to a sauce pan and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for about 20 minutes.

Spread a few tablespoons on top of each chop... like my nice big chops? They're from the family farm. 


Broil on one side for about 5-7 minutes, flip, add some more sauce and broil again for 5-7 minutes. I probably should've broiled mine a little closer to the coils and got more of a broiled char to them but I was afraid of getting the tops done before the inside meat was. Next time I will raise it up a shelf.

Add some fresh veggies and a side, and you're all set! I had some brussels sprouts that needed to get used, so we had those and some roasted golds.


Head on over to the Homesick Texan and make these chops! Tonight we are having her Jalapeno Cheese Buns for burgers on the grill!


Pin It

Check out where I Link Party and share my posts!

Comments