Easy DIY Letter Sign


I want to share with you an easy project that you've probably already seen or maybe even made yourself. But for those of you who haven't, I want to show you just how easy it is to make your own letter sign. Not really sure what they're called, but that's what I'm calling it. 

The idea sparked my interest when I received a Groupon email deal for a picture like this, but it was for your last name. Even with the Groupon deal, it was still pretty pricey, and you had your choice of just the print or the picture matted & framed. I knew upon looking at this, it was something I could very easily do myself. I wasn't quite so interested in doing my last name, as I already have a nice family personalized decor item and I didn't want to have them all over my house. So instead, I thought I'd make a holiday one. As long as your willing to walk around your house, neighborhood or city to find the letters you want, you can make it say whatever!

Just for the sake of doing one quick, I decided to go with JOY. These 3 letters I found quickly in my own basement. J is just a pipe, O is some cable wound up and Y is another pipe. I have not watermarked these so if you want to save and use them, feel free.




I had copies of these made in a green tint using a free online editing program. You could do b&w, sepia, red, whatever you want.

I did not mat my photos, I just used a black 3 photo picture frame I had laying around. But you can buy big pieces of any color matting at Michael's for pretty cheap and customize your own mat.

Here are a few other letters just laying around the house. Imagine what you could if you went outside and used your imagination! Again, feel free to use any pictures.


The J has a glare, but you could easily do your own. 



That's how easy it is to make your own! It's kind of fun walking around trying to find letters out of everyday objects. Sort of like  "I Spy" with a purpose! 



Check out where I Link Party and share my posts!


Comments