Hello....Welcome!

Hello....Welcome!

Get in Touch

Viewers

Follow Along!

Follow me on Twitter

Fun Stuff!

Spread the love

Mama Ging

Labels

Subscribe Now

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 2, 2013

Taking Advantage of Summer Veggies Part 2



Here is the second recipe I promised using summer vegetables. It's Calabacitas With Potatoes that I found at Salad In a Jar. If you missed Part 1 of my summer veggies, you can still check it out! Calabacitas means "little squashes."

 Again, this is a recipe using summer veggies of yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes (yeah! I got to use some from our garden!) potatoes and this time, green chilis (I used a small can) and fresh corn on the cob! So, grab 2 medium potatoes, ½ cup (or your preferred amount) chopped onion, 3 yellow squash and/or zucchini squash-largely diced and 2 small tomatoes, diced. I used whatever tomatoes I found ready in our garden. I just LOVE the color combination of these veggies!


Start out by preparing your 3 ears of corn on the cob. The original recipe says to microwave it with saran wrap but I don't like {likely harmful} plastic melting on my food so I did it the old fashioned way - with boiling water in a pot on the stove. I did 4 ears and enjoyed eating one while I was making this dish ;).


MMMMMM! I absolutely LOVE corn on the cob. It's soooo worth the hassle of cleaning your teeth afterwards! While your corn is going, wash a couple of medium sized potatoes, cut into chunks and start to fry in a skillet with some olive oil. Cover & cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add some chopped onion and sautee until soft.


Add your squash and zucchini to the covered skillet, cooking until tender, stirring occasionally. Add your tomatoes & green chilis. Cover and cook 1 more minute. Season with salt & pepper and 1 tsp of fresh or dried oregano.

Slice your corn off the cob keeping large chunks in tact. Add 2 tablespoons of cream or milk to the skillet, and gently stir the corn into the other vegetables to mix.


And there you have some super yummy summer veggies! I also shredded some fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top....


My hubby ate his in a bowl, I had mine as taco filling. It was sooo good!


Are you taking advantage of summer veggies? Try some of these recipes, you won't be disappointed!


Pin It
Check out where I Link Party and share my posts!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts? I'd love to hear from you! I read each one and respond when called for. :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio