Buffalo Wing Chicken Breasts

I was trying to come up with what to make for dinner when I remembered a recipe that used cheddar cheese mixed with the breading to bake chicken breasts.  I thought, ehh, cheddar is sort of boring for this type of recipe, and remembered I had recently noticed a StoneRidge line of delicious sounding flavored cheese at my local grocery store. Fortunately, it's very close, so I went there and after much deliberation, decided on the Buffalo Wing Monterey Jack. But wow, there are some wonderful other sounding choices! My store didn't carry them all, but check out their cheese when you have a moment! One of the few pluses (haha!) of living in Wisconsin - you can get ANY kind of cheese! But, if you prefer something more mild you can certainly use just cheddar.


Let's get this dinner started! Turn your oven on to 400 degrees F. First, I finely shredded half of the cheese, until I had about 3 cups.



Then, I got my breading assembly line ready. First plate, FLOUR. Second plate/bowl, 2 EGGS & little bit of MILK. Third plate, my CHEESE. Fourth plate, my BREAD CRUMBS. Take each breast and fully coat in each plate.

Place your chicken on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. 


Once all your chicken is coated, cover you pan with tinfoil and bake for 25 minutes.


I then removed the foil and basted with melted butter and baked another 10-12 minutes, until the internal temperature is 165 degrees and breading is golden brown.  

 
While the chicken was baking, I melted some more shredded cheese with a little bit of milk in a pan to make a cheese sauce to pour over the chicken when served.


The flavor was great and the chicken was moist!


We had Pioneer Woman's Fresh Green Bean recipe, along with a side salad.  My 7 year old helped prepare the fresh green beans!


Nothing better than some onion & bacon with fresh green beans!






Pin It
Buffalo Wing Chicken Breasts (printable version)

5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups flour 
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
3 cups shredded StoneRidge Buffalo Wing Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups breadcrumbs
2 tbsp melted butter

Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put flour, cheese and bread crumbs each on a separate plate/dish. In a shallow bowl, whisk your eggs and add milk. Mix again. If needed, pound your chicken breasts to make an even size. Fully coat with flour, egg/milk mix, cheese and bread crumbs. Lay each piece on the baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil, and baste each piece with the melted butter. Put back in oven for 10-12 minutes, until chicken is browned and internal temperature is 165. Optional: while chicken is baking, shred additional cheese and melt in a saucepan with 2 tbsp milk to serve over baked chicken.

Note: This mention of StoneRidge Buffalo Wing Monterey Jack cheese is of my own recommendation and I in no way have received compensation for this mention. You are free to use whatever brand of flavored cheese is available in your area, this just happens to be in mine. Lucky me! ;)




Comments

  1. Yum! I'm always looking for new recipes. I found you through I Should Be Mopping the Floor and would love for you to come share at my weekly From the Farm Barn Hop: http://www.fresh-eggs-daily.com/2013/08/from-farm-blog-hop_9.html

    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa for stopping by! I was just at your Farm Barn Hop... thanks for the invite! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts? I'd love to hear from you! I read each one and respond when called for. :)