Hello....Welcome!

Hello....Welcome!

Get in Touch

Viewers

Follow Along!

Follow me on Twitter

Fun Stuff!

Spread the love

Mama Ging

Labels

Subscribe Now

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Perfect, Super Easy Treat


5 ingredients - that's it! But, they aren't the usual 5 ingredients you see all over Pinterest that are recipes that include graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. I have yet to find any that have the super simple ingredients from the recipe that I grew up with (thanks Mom!). It was my turn to make bars for my daughters soccer team concession stand this week so Peanut Butter bars are what I chose. They are a HUGE favorite of my kids, and seriously, a 9x13 pan doesn't last a day in our house (and it makes 36 bars!) I'm not normally a sweet eater, but I always manage to eat my fair share. My kids thought it was torture to make them and not be able to have any, so I made another batch last night. They are also very popular at any gathering you need to bring a treat.


Peanut Butter Bars 
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup light corn syrup
2 cups dry powdered milk
1 -12oz pkg milk chocolate chips

Heat oven to 250○. In a bowl, combine the peanut butter and corn syrup. Gradually add the powdered milk, mixing thoroughly. (I like to just dig in with my hands because it's easier). Spread and pat into a 9x13" pan. Sprinkle chips over the top evenly. Stick in the oven for about 10 minutes to melt the chips, remove and spread the chips evenly. Cool in the frig for a bit, then let come to room temperature to cut into squares.

You could just melt the chips in the microwave but I'm not a microwave user and I think it's just easier to heat them up a bit in the oven.

See, how easy was that? I told you it'd be super easy! Print yourself a copy!


The hard part is to try and eat just one. As far as I know, it can't be done. :)

Pin It

Check out where I Link Party and share my posts!

2 comments:

Shanna Gilbert said...

Peanut butter and chocolate, could there be anything better? I am going to have to make these for my teenage daughter and her friends. Thanks for linking up to Throwback Thursday!

Jill P. said...

Nothing better Shanna! :) Your daughter & friends will love you, guarantee it! Thanks for stopping by! ~ Mama Ging

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts? I'd love to hear from you! I read each one and respond when called for. :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio