Hello....Welcome!

Hello....Welcome!

Get in Touch

Viewers

Follow Along!

Follow me on Twitter

Fun Stuff!

Spread the love

Mama Ging

Labels

Subscribe Now

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

My First Attempt at Ruffles

Ruffles? This may sound like I will post about sewing but given my limited sewing skills, I'm attempting ruffles in the kitchen before attempting them in my sewing room. I can honestly say I have not made either before. I have made several cakes lately decorating with roses and since I have that pretty much (to my satisfaction) mastered, I have admired cakes that had the ruffle look to them so I wanted to try that next. I wanted to make a cake that was different from what I had been making lately, so I made this Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cake. Since I wanted a layered cake, I used regular round cake pans and not a bundt. I also used dark chocolate cocoa as well as chopped dark chocolate pieces. I didn't go with the blog's recommended frosting recipe (however, it does sound quite good & will use at a later date), I used my go-to buttercream and colored it the Tiffany blue. I am pleased with how it turned out, but I think I need to make my rows a little wider, but not bad for the first time. I followed this youtube video for the procedure and I was little disappointed it didn't show more on how to do the top. That, I know I need more practice on. I tried to find other instructions to show how to do the top better, but every blog I found referred to this same video. Oh well, practice makes perfect so I will just keep practicing!

If anyone knows any helpful tips for this ruffle decorating, I'd love to hear them. But for now, I will show you my cake :)


Not really quite sure how the top is supposed to look like, since I didn't get a good view from that video.


the ruffles up close & personal

 when you cut a piece, I think it looks pretty so the top didn't turn out too bad.


I like the contrasting colors of the dark chocolate with the Tiffany blue frosting!

I've already got my next style of decorating I want to attempt picked out after I master the ruffle!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts? I'd love to hear from you! I read each one and respond when called for. :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio