Hello....Welcome!

Hello....Welcome!

Get in Touch

Viewers

Follow Along!

Follow me on Twitter

Fun Stuff!

Spread the love

Mama Ging

Labels

Subscribe Now

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Abby's Favorite Dinner




One of Abby's family favorite meals is what we call Porcupine Meatballs & Buttered Noodles. I remember my mom making them for us as kids and now I enjoy making them for my kids! You make meatballs with Beef Rice-A-Roni.... mixing the beef with the rice/noodles (hence looking like porcupines!) and then cook them in the spice packet and boiling water for a while, then remove and make a gravy with the broth that's started.  Add the meatballs back in & cook a while longer, boil your noodles and in no time you have a hearty, "comfort food" meal. I know it doesn't look the most appetizing on a plate, but it really is!




Usually I serve with green beans and buttered bread but I had come across a recipe for Jalapeno Cornbread Pudding on the back of a package while looking for my noodles in the pantry and on a whim decided to make it because it sounded good. (Sometimes I think I have cooking ADD!) So I threw that together and was it ever good! Definitely a keeper.




Jalapeno Corn Bread Pudding
(Recipe from back of Flavorite Restaurant Style Cheese & Garlic Crouton package)
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Bake Time: 50-60 Minutes
Serves: 4-6

4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 (15 oz) can cream-style corn
2 tbsp chopped jalapenos
1/2 tsp ground cumin
3 cups (1 pkg) Cheese & Garlic Croutons
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350.

In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs & milk until well combined. Mix in corn and jalapeno peppers and cumin. Fold in croutons and almost all of cheese, reserving a small amount.

Transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish that has been greased with cooking spray.

Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Stir; continue baking for another 30 minutes.

Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and continue baking until cheese is melted and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts? I'd love to hear from you! I read each one and respond when called for. :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio